Tuesday, September 6, 2011


      Yikes!! It has been way too long since my last update.  After Windham, I flew straight to the National Champs in SunValley, ID where I raced the XC (cross country), STXC (short track) and SD (super downhill). I did pretty good in all three, despite a few minor mechanicals. The cross country was the first of the three events. The race was four laps of the hardest yet easiest course I've ever raced. The race started out great. I had the second call up so I was on the front row with my main competition. The start went straight into a 20% climb for 10min, Ouch! I was in third for the first lap, then I got passed by Cypress and I rode in 4th for two laps. On the last lap, I was really suffering and got passed again and finished fifth.  Two days later I raced the Super D and got a flat two minutes from the finish and tied for sixth. Later that day I had the Short Track, a 20 minute all out sprint! The race was extremely fast with tons of passing and getting passed. In the end I finished 6th.
.
      After all the racing was done my family and I packed up the motor home and headed to Washington to visit my cousins for a few days, that was super fun. Then, we all loaded up and headed to Montana for the Missoula Pro XCT. The race was super awesome, the course was on an old steep ski resort and had lots of twisty climbing and technical descents. One part of the course had a monster drop that was really scary looking but once you hit it, it wasn't so bad. I had a solid race for second there but I had a ton of fun! After the race I had to say good bye to my South African friend Brendon Davids, he had to go home after spending two months here in the US racing and training.

Brendon!
Stay tuned for more soon!! ....lots more :-)

Casey

1 comment:

  1. Wow Casey, looks like you've been busy! We miss your family bunches. We're looking forward to maybe seeing you in December around Christmas. We are going to be down there for a week or so and would love to see you guys and catch up! Anyway, I'll leave all the planning to our parents. How is high school? We are doing volleyball with the high school again and tomorrow is districts! Then on to state! Whooohooo! Love the updates....!

    Johnson

    ReplyDelete