Monday, July 11, 2011

Windham World Cup

         After a long summer of training and racing, I only have a hand full of races left in the 2011 race season. Last weekend I raced my 2nd World Cup  in Windham, NewYork. The race was held at Windham Mtn. Ski Resort. The course was straight up, straight down with lots of SHARP rocks and slippery roots. My race started out great, my legs felt light and powerful! I rode the first lap and a half with some of the fastest Jr's in the world, then one of those SHARP rocks ripped a big whole in the side of my tire. I had to stop and fill it with co2 two miles from the pit. That air lasted maybe half a lap, then my tire went flat again. No! After filling it again and again, I finally had to stop and get a 26" wheel put on my 29er bike. Yep, the Shimano tech was out of 29er wheels! After all that I managed to finish 11th out of 23, about 5 minutes back from the winner. I wasn't discouraged from the flats in this race because it  happens to all of us we just have to keep giving out best all the time.  I am happy to see that my training is paying off.

    After the race, my Mom, Alexis Ryan, Brendon Davids, Caitlin DeWet,  Rachel Campbell , and I spent the entire day Sunday in New York City! That city is amazing. There are crazy amounts of people. We rented bikes and rode around Central Park, that was the best part of the day. The World Trade Center, and ground zero were amazing to see. The new memorial is going to be even better.
 
           Now I am off to Sun Valley, Idaho for the National Championships!  My race is on Friday, the 15th mid day., Can't wait to see everyone again.

No comments:

Post a Comment